Thursday, March 22, 2012

Well whaddya know

Spring is here which means shaving ones body, now becomes priority. This is why swimming in the winter, with your child,is somewhat problematic.
I was at swimming lessons with Dexter a few weeks ago. The instructor that day, was a super hot, half Japanese, half Scottish surfer dude. Just because I'm married, and a mom, doesn't mean I'm blind. So I'm staring at him and playing with Dexter in the pool. I'm thinking, "geez, I bet he thinks I'm pretty hot, everyone else in here needs to stop eating Blizzards". So Dex is jumping in the pool and I'm laughing and chatting away to him. I even noticed him staring at me while he thought I wasn't looking. I thought to myself, "Stiiiiiiilllll got it!"
So we have the baby swimming lessons and I say goodbye, come home and shower. Whilst in the shower I realized I hadn't shaved my armpits in quite some time. Like maybe all winter. It was comparable to Nena, in the video 99 Luft Balloons. I then realized why he was really staring at me.
I tell you what, that Will Macky is one lucky man.
So two days ago was the 2 year mark of the most thrilling day of my life...up until this point. It was Dex's 2nd birthday! I say, "up until this point" because I have yet to meet Gary Busey and I'm pretty sure that's going to be super awesome.
Anyhow, he's just about the cutest thing in the world, even if he can be a bit of a handful at times. I love how he talks and especially that he'll repeat nearly everything I say. I, of course, take this special opportunity to use him as a puppet to repeat my (often inappropriate) meanderings. A lot of people wish their babies and toddlers "Happy Birthday" on facebook but Dexter isn't on Facebook yet so I don't see the point.

So now that he's two, we often get the question: "when are you going to have another one?" Fine, it's a standard question but when I start getting ovulation advice from my neighbor, I start to get a bit grossed out and annoyed. What I really want to say is, "Do you really care when we have another child? Is it really any of your business?"
In high school we had this ridiculous teacher who had his wife come in and preach "the rhythm method" to us. I would be trying to rip apart the pages on birth control that they had glued together in our health text books, while she was talking about her discharge. Then I would look to my right to see a pregnant 16 year old, then to my left to see the same thing. Catholics.
Anyhow,I did take something away from this. If you tell someone you're practicing "the rhythm method" they usually stop asking questions about your sex life.
So that's it. Two years down, 14 more until Dexter's our designated driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment