Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I need a chamber maid

My baby was due yesterday but I've been convinced she's coming for the past 3 weeks so basically to say I'm on edge is an understatement. One, I'm ready to not be pregnant and pee upwards of 7-8 times a night. Seriously. This baby's head has been down for about a month now which basically means that my bladder is a pancake and I don't know how I don't suffer from dehydration I've been peeing so much. I was debating whether or not I would write about what I'm about to say but I feel like if I share this information with you, perhaps it might help someone. You know how people do that? They'll tell their story and then say, "If it helps just one person..." Usually it's something really awful about like rape or some kind of disorder that will inspire people to get help. My story to help the world is about urination. Anyhow, once my peeing got to such ridiculous amounts in the night I decided to do what my French ancestors did before me. You see The Primeaus come from a long line of aristocracy hailing from the most Northern parts of Ontario. There was no in door plumbing. There was no outdoor plumbing. There was holes and chamber pots. Getting up 7 times a night and traipsing to the bathroom was starting to get to me so I decided to get back to my primal roots. I started using a chamber pot. Yup. I think watching Downton Abbey at the time may have helped me feel as though it was the right thing to do. If Lady Mary and Lady Grantham use a chamber pot than why can't I? They're ladies! Anyhow, it was a god send and think what you will, but if you're up 7 times a night to pee you start to get desperate and quite honestly I'm not ashamed. Well, I'm a little bit ashamed but that's a feeling I've grown accustomed to over the years. My favorite part of all of this is that most of my friends who I've told this to either laugh their heads off or are sort of grossed out. The one person who thought it was a perfectly fine idea, in fact a great idea, is my mother in law. She grew up in the country in New Zealand. I guess I didn't really need to say the country. It's like saying "she grew up in the city in Manhattan." So anyhow ladies, if a tiny humans head is pushing on your bladder for upwards of a month, don't be ashamed to do what nature intended. Well, nature in the 1800's. I hope this helped even just one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment